Happy, happy Friday! How was everyone’s week?
My was great—I spent Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday in Charleston, and even though there were several flight delays getting home on Tuesday, it was a wonderful trip and I’m hoping to make a solo retreat an annual tradition. My goal is to edit my photos from the trip this weekend so I can give you the full recap next week. The rest of my week was spent playing a little bit of catch-up at work, but I managed to make it to Orangetheory twice, and am planning on heading there today after work, too. I’ve definitely been more sore than usual after taking a week off to indulge.
This weekend, I’m keeping my social plans to a minimum so I can focus on getting some things in my personal life organized—think cleaning my apartment, writing posts for next week, making some online shopping returns, and going to the grocery store for the first time in forever. I’m excited for a chill weekend at home after being out of town the past two weekends. Then, on Sunday, I’m trying out the new Medium Rare in Arlington for a birthday brunch for my best friend. It’s been on my list for a while, and am excited to finally get there.
One last thing for your local ladies—my friend Ashlee is hosting a Contracts for Creatives event on July 19 where she is going to go over the ins and outs of creating a solid contract. Whether you own a small business or a blog, protecting your work is so important! I’ve hired Ashlee to help me negotiate a few contracts and write a standard contract I can update myself when working with brands. Definitely check it out if you’re looking for an attorney who understands the creative field!
I hope you have a great weekend! x
- I love Mindy Kaling’s Dartmouth’s 2018 Commencement Address.
- Laura Bush: separating children from their parents at the border ‘breaks my heart.‘
- All I know about marketing I learned from margaritas.
- I am obsessed with Shannon’s Yuma Street project.
- Can you tell which chain restaurant each pizza is from based off a photo?
- How to choose photos for your gallery wall.
- A good read: Instagram influencers are driving luxury hotels crazy.
- I loved the latest installment of Victoria’s origin story.
- For 12 years, this grandpa has been volunteering in the NICU.
- 24 dishes that shaped how DC eats.
- 9 inspiring redesign concepts for popular websites.
- Grace’s Cuba Guide is a must-read.
- How not being a father made George Washington the father of his country.
And here’s what’s been new lately on TOT:
Thank you for sharing the workshop information!! So looking forward to hosting it!
Ashlee | http://www.ashleehightower.com
You’re going to be a great hostess!