Happy Monday, ladies!
What better way to kick off the week before Christmas than with a little virtual cookie exchange?! My friend Laura Leigh invited me and several of our favorite blogger babes to this recipe swap. At the end of my post, you’ll find a delicious White Chocolate Oreo Balls recipe by Kristina, and then once you go to her blog, you’ll find another great recipe until you’ve completed the circle. That way, no matter your cookie preference, you’ll be covered for all those last minute events that pop up this week!
I usually make the same two cookie recipes again and again around this time of year—these Christmas cookie bars and these sugar cookies. But, I wanted to branch out and try something new, both for this swap and for the annual cookie exchange my roommate hosted on Saturday night.
There’s something so festive about ginger cookies and once I realized how easy they are to make, I knew I had found my winner!
A note that I highly recommend chilling the dough beforehand. I think it makes all the difference, so be sure to give yourself that extra hour of prep time!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup + 3 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in small bowl and set aside.
- Cream together butter, 1/2 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar until well blended.
- Then, mix in egg, molasses, and vanilla and blend on medium high speed until fully combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill for one hour.
- With ten minute left of chilling, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into one-inch balls and roll through granulated sugar. Place on cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for eight to 10 minutes, then cool on baking pan before transferring to a wire rack.
- Once fully cooled, enjoy!
If ginger cookies aren’t your thing or you’re in desperate need of a quick-and-easy, yet equally festive, recipe, be sure to head on over to Kristina’s super cute blog, Medicine & Manicures to learn how to make these amazingly delicious White Chocolate Oreo Balls. Can we also talk about how cute her tray styling is?!
Happy cookie eating! (It’s Christmastime so calories definitely don’t count.) x