Happy, happy Friday!
I definitely burned the candle at both ends this week, so I am excited for the weekend to be here again. After work today, I’m heading down to Charlottesville to spend a weekend with two of my college best friends / old roommates. We don’t have much of an agenda, but we are trying Red Pump Kitchen on the Downtown Mall on Saturday night. This restaurant has been on my radar for a while, and I am glad I will be able to check it off the list this trip! It’s an Italian establishment done by the same people who own Pippin Hill and the Zero George Hotel in Charleston, so I know it will be good. (Their media kit is GORGEOUS if you have time to check it out—I’m excited for their new country resort opening in Upperville in 2019!)
After this weekend, I’m sticking around DC until my trip to Key West for Memorial Day and I am so excited! Both my wallet and my waistline are looking forward to some time at home in my normal routine, and I am hoping the weather warms up so I can enjoy some true DC spring weekends before the swamp-like humidity really sets in.
I’ll be back next Monday with a new post, but until then, I hope everyone has a great weekend! x
- America’s retail apocalypse is just beginning.
- Seth Meyer’s wife gave birth in their apartment lobby.
- Why you should stop telling people you’re so busy.
- Local friends: Cava Grill opened in Ballston!
- Compass Coffee has a super helpful Vitamin D calculator.
- I love Claireborne Swanson Frank’s new coffee table book of mothers and daughters.
- Such a fun museum of websites.
- With privacy changes, Instagram upsets influencer economy.
- I’m excited for Kristin Cavallari’s new reality TV show.
- Hyeonseo Lee’s TED Talk on her escape from North Korea is a must-watch.
- This college professor gives her students extra credit for going on dates.
- I love these episodes on the Sisters First YouTube channel.
- Grace’s personal trainer gives some great wellness advice.
- How Julia of Gal Meets Glam edits her photos.
- Courteney Cox opens up about daughter Coco.
- McKayla Maroney continues to speak out about Larry Nassar.
- Excited to go to the Royal Wedding pop-up bar in DC.
- How to properly wear an oxygen mask on an airplane.
- I love Grace’s old Hollywood inspired apartment.
- Excited for Julia’s new collection of dresses that launch today!
And here’s what’s been new on A Touch of Teal lately: