Happy, happy Friday!
I think this week got off on a slightly weird start for me because of the Super Bowl. Anyone else feel the same way? I went to an awesome party at Monica and J’s apartment—the food was so good!—and stayed up late after the game to watch that tear-jerking This Is Us episode. As such, I woke up on Monday more sluggish than usual and wasn’t as energized as I normally am. To top it off, a full social calendar meant that I only made it to the gym once—and while I’m definitely not complaining as I had a lot of great times this week, I was a little more scattered than normal. I’m hoping that I’m able to stay a little more in my routine next week.
This weekend is going to be a fun one as I’m heading to Fort McHenry, Maryland after work today with 18 of my coworkers for our annual ski weekend. (I use the word ski lightly as I think only about half of our group is hitting the slopes—I plan to tube if it’s not raining.) We rented a huge chalet that also has an indoor pool and hot tub, and I’m looking forward to some chill nights by the fire, drinking wine, and watching the Olympics. We’ve had a stressful week at work, so this reprieve couldn’t come at a better time!
Because of the trip, I may be a bit slow getting posts up on the blog early next week, but if you’re looking for some new content to explore, I can’t recommend Oprah’s SuperSoul Podcasts enough. Simply put, these are amazing interviews about life, love, loss, vulnerability, authenticity, and so much more. Plus, it’s Oprah, so you know it’ll be good. She just started this podcast last July, so while there are enough to binge, it’s manageable enough you feel like you can catch up. I recommend starting with episode one and working your way through—I’ve yet to find an episode that I couldn’t take something from!
Whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope it’s a good one. x
PS—you can grab the Soludos pictured above here!
- Buzzfeed quiz: how normal are your paycheck habits?
- I loved James Corden’s Crosswalk Musical with the cast of The Greatest Showman.
- The difference between how Meghan and Kate have their pictures taken.
- The CEO of Orangetheory explains how he’s moving so fast.
- How to maintain friendships.
- I loved Krista’s ultimate work pant review—I love the Old Navy ones, too!
- Are the Vanderbilt heirs being forced out of The Breakers?
- How to travel the world while working full time.
- How the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card saved my friend Ashlee $500.
- Beyonce brings snacks and a juice box to the Grammys and Twitter can’t deal.
- Senator Kennedy invited custodian to the State of the Union.
- I loved Shelby’s post on how to deal with fine, thin hair—my hair type!
- Michelle dishes on how Sasha is living large while Malia is at college.
- Obsessed with Meghan Markle’s Alexander McQueen suit.
- The lengths restaurants go to track and influence food critics.
- There’s now a Kennedy-themed night club in Palm Beach.
- Krista wrote a great post about self-love and body confidence.
And, here’s what’s been new lately on TOT: