Happy, happy Friday!
Does anyone else feel like January, February, and March are their most relaxing months of the year? I don’t travel very much this time of year and the holiday madness has died down, so the result ends up being a lot of chill weekends at home. While I love to be on the go, I do appreciate this down time—and so does my bank account! I want to travel a lot this year, so I’m taking these few months to really focus on building up my cash reserves so I can enjoy myself on those trips.
One of the highlights of my week was on Tuesday when I went with a few coworkers to see The Greatest Showman after work. I work across the street from a movie theater, and in the nearly five years I’ve been working, I’ve never seen a movie at that theater or seen a movie on a week night—it was such a treat! The movie was amazing, and the soundtrack was even more amazing. I rarely buy movies when they come out on DVD anymore—lol, yes, I still own a DVD player—but I am definitely snagging The Greatest Showman as soon as it comes out.
Since I saw two movies this week—I saw I, Tonya last Sunday and loved it—my interest in MoviePass has spiked. For $10 a month, you can see unlimited movies at participating theaters. In my area, the only non-participating theater is the E Street Cinema. The one catch is you have to buy your ticket at the theater, so you can’t choose your seat until you get there, but that’s not a deal breaker for me. I asked on Instagram Stories if anyone had experience with MoviePass and the response was overwhelmingly positive, so I think I am going to bite the bullet! Next up on my list are Darkest Hour and The Post—I’m hoping to squeeze at least one in this weekend!
This is the first link love I’ve done in the new year, so there are a lot of good links for you today. I hope you have a good one! x
- The real reason millennials aren’t eating cereal for breakfast.
- A long, but great read: Millennials are screwed.
- Inside the dynastic struggle that rocked Queen Elizabeth’s marriage.
- What it’s really like to be a historical consultant on The Crown.
- Fact-checking The Crown: is Prince Philip a total jerk?
- 61 pictures of Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle before they were royal.
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s stunning engagement photos.
- The Queen’s Christmas message welcomes Meghan Markle into the family.
- Prince Harry interviews Barack Obama—I love the rapid fire at the end!
- What is the Queen like as a mother?
- In the Instagram age, white Christmas trees rule.
- Do you fall down a Wikipedia rabbit hole after The Crown? You’re not alone.
- Boyfriends of Instagram shows the men behind girls’ perfect pictures.
- Once the US murder capital, NYC is now close to a record low in homicides.
- I was really inspired by Julia’s 2018 goals and loved how she categorized them.
- I loved watching Carly’s YouTube video about her dance class with the Rockettes.
- I also loved Carly’s 2017 recap.
- Speaking of 2017 recaps, Victoria’s letter to 2017 was impeccably penned.
- I also loved the honesty in Kat’s 2017 recap.
- Two dying memoirists wrote bestsellers; then their spouses fell in love.
- Jo shares an update on her twin sister, who the article above is written about.
- Who wants to book a trip to The Coral House Bahamas with me ASAP?
- Disney Hotels, citing safety and other reasons, drop ‘do not disturb’ signs.
- The best time of day—and year—to work most effectively.
- The cast of Family Matters reunited last fall. I loved that show as a kid!
- 20 things you only understand if you go to Orangetheory Fitness.
- Oprah’s speech at the Golden Globes was everything.
- A week in New York City on a $1.5 million salary.
- A beautiful letter penned by an Australian woman on her deathbed.
- These alligators spent days trapped in swamp ice and survived.
And, here’s what’s been new on TOT lately: