IT’S FRIDAY! #praisehands
How was your week? My Etsy Shop has really taken off over the past two weeks, and I worked on three different custom orders! It’s been really fun to work with clients and help them achieve the design they want for a special event or use. In the coming weeks and months, I would love to create more digital downloads—like my Mimosa Bar and Cards & Gifts signs—that people can receive instantly for their special events. It’s time upfront, but passive income after that, which my shopping addiction could definitely benefit from.
This weekend should be both a productive and fun one. On the productive side, I am shooting some new looks in Old Town Alexandria and knocking out some other blog and Etsy to-dos. (There’s a sneak peek of some of my looks over on Instagram Stories if you want to take a look: @katieurban_.) On the fun side, my sister Jennifer gets to walk the Lawn at UVA! She’s finishing grad school and I am so proud of her—congrats, Yaya. Coincidentally, I graduated from UVA four years ago today—I’ve been out of college as long as I’ve been in college #existentialcrisis. Time flies y’all.
I’d love to know what you’re up to this weekend—and if you somehow got an invite to Pippa’s wedding, I want all the scoop. Have a great one! x
- My all-time favorite commencement speech (even though it wasn’t a ‘speech’ in the traditional sense).
- A timeline of Pippa Middleton and James Matthews’ relationship.
- Prince Harry Reportedly asked the Queen for permission to marry Meghan Markle.
- A great roundup of banned Instagram hashtags to keep in mind.
- Wawa is coming to DC. I repeat, WAWA IS COMING TO DC!
- Loved this advice to millennials Tangela had on Twitter.
- I’m lucky enough to have wonderful sisters, but really enjoyed this read: why you still can’t get along with your siblings.
- Tips, tricks, and hacks for Instagram Stories.
- I usually try to avoid the political on the blog, but I thought Condi had some good (and surprising!) insights on the world in 2017 on The View last week.
- I actually chuckled aloud at Olivia Cole’s story about how she was “that white girl” on Twitter.
- If you think you’re having a bad day, Michelle Kwan is probably having a worse one.
- How Sephora is thriving amid a retail crisis.
- Speaking of the retail crisis, a great read on why J Crew’s vision of preppy America failed.
- Coach’s $2.4 billion Kate Spade deal aims at weak middle of the fashion market.
- Let’s all stop apologizing for the delayed responses in our emails.
- Loved Lo Bosworth’s thoughts on dating at 30 in the digital age.
- Bloggers take note: the FTC issued warnings to 45 celebrities over unclear disclosures on Instagram.
- The cutest thing I’ve seen this month. (I love the good in humanity!)
And, here’s what’s new on TOT as of late: