Happy Friday, y’all!
It’s been a while since we had a link love, so today’s is a good one. But first, two important things:
1. Happy Easter to all who celebrate! One of my favorite verses in the whole Bible comes from the Book of John, Chapter 16, Verse 33 when Jesus is trying to prepare his disciples for his death and resurrection because it is so relatable no matter what you are struggling with in life. I always associate this verse with Easter—even though it takes place before Jesus’ death—and I wanted to share: “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
2. Sunday is the 10th anniversary of the massacre at Virginia Tech and I am sending lots of love and hugs to all my friends and family who hold Blacksburg close to their hearts and/or who lost loved ones that terrible day. #HoosforHokies #Livefor32
This week was a good one—the weather was unbeatable in DC, and I am so much happier when I can eat lunch outside and walk home without a jacket! I’ve also recently gotten back into spin class and am trying to go at least two or three times a week. My spin studio is right on my way home, so I’ve been taking my gym bag to work and going right there. It really doesn’t eat away too much time in my night, and I absolutely love how fun the workout is! Speaking of spin—I am heading to Soul Cycle on 14th Street for a Blog Societies DC meet up tomorrow and excited to see some of my favorite blogger babes!
Other than that, I’m grabbing dinner with my best friend M, shooting a few fun looks, and doing the Easter thing with the family. Whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope you have a good one! x
- I’m loving Blair of The Fox & She’s wellness posts as of late—here’s a recap of her biggest health and lifestyle changes and here’s a look into what she eats in a day.
- How did I just discover Refinery 29’s Money Diaries?!
- Why was Prince Charles upset with William and Kate right after their wedding?
- Her daughter survived the Virginia Tech Massacre. Ten years later, this is what their lives are like.
- Why so many Americans are saying goodbye to cities.
- Meghan Markle takes another step towards leaving her non-royal life behind.
- Prince George and Princess Charlotte have official roles in Pippa’s upcoming nuptials.
- Julia of Gal Meets Glam shares some great photo taking and editing tips for bloggers and hobbyists alike!
- And speaking of, Julia’s other post about her trip to Palm Beach has me excited for my trip there!
- The busier you are, the more you need quiet time.
- On a related note, how to stop feeling like you never have enough time.
- Grace is one of my favorite bloggers to read, and I loved her honesty in this post about her move. Also, how cool is her book club page? It’s always one of the first places I go when I need a new recommendation.
- Why it’s so hard for millennials to find a place to live and work.
- Monica shares a great tip for all of you moving this summer!
- Loved this: divorced parents reunite each year for family photo.
- Okay, who else is excited for the Trading Spaces reboot? Definitely have the original on DVD. #represent
- 8 blog photography mistakes you might be making.
- Krista’s blog makeup routine is #goals.
And in case you missed it, here’s what’s been going down on A Touch of Teal as of late: