We survived and thrived through another week! I know last week I tried a new format for link love, but honestly, I think keeping it simpler is better. Always good to try something new, though!
This week was crazy busy at work—I felt like I always had to be “on” if that makes sense. There wasn’t a lot of downtime, so when I got off work, I was mentally exhausted. Luckily, my after work schedule was pretty light except for a great catch-up happy hour with a friend at Kapnos and a birthday dinner for my roommate at Centrolina in City Center. It was great to be back in City Center since they just put up all the pink lanterns for cherry blossom season, and those are always so visually stunning. Not to mention, Centrolina was a great Italian spot—the food was delicious and the atmosphere was great. At the risk of sounding old, it was also nice that it wasn’t too loud and we could all hear each other talk without yelling!
This weekend should be a fun one—I am visiting my sister in Charlottesville! I figured I should go visit before she graduates from UVA grad school in May and I am finally going to go to all my favorite places to take pictures for a TOT Charlottesville Travel Guide. I am always asked for recommendations on where to eat, stay, and play in my favorite college town, so it’ll be fun to finally share my top things about Jefferson’s Virginia.
Whatever you’re up to this weekend, I hope you have a good one! x
- The world in 2050: when the 5 largest economies are the BRICS and Us.
- George Bush knows his inauguration poncho struggle went viral.
- On a related note, I loved W on Ellen—you can see the clips here and here.
- Last thing on the Bush family—anyone so excited for the Bush twins’ memoir?!
- Chrissy Teigen opens up for the first time about her postpartum depression.
- Retirement just got a whole lot more fun: Jimmy Buffett is launching Margaritaville retirement homes. (Think they’ll take a 26 year old?!)
- This ESPN reporter wears his Ash Wednesday ashes on his forehead every year on the air—here’s why this year was different.
- How will history remember your life? I loved this timeline from the Atlantic—plug in your birthday and let me know what you think!
- Loved Milo on Live! With Kelly chatting about Gilmore Girls and This Is Us.
And, here’s what’s been up on TOT lately: