IT. IS. FRIDAY!
This week was a whirlwind. On Monday, I headed down to my alma mater—yes, for the third time this month for those of y’all keeping track at home—to recruit some new talent for my firm. My colleague and I wrapped up interviews around 4 pm and were able to check out a UVA tradition I haven’t been able to attend since 2012: Trick or Treating on the Lawn! It was so fun to see members of the Charlottesville community dress up their kids and dogs for this fun event and the weather could not have been more perfect. After, I grabbed dinner with my sister and then headed back to Arlington. It’s only a 2-hour or so drive, but doing it twice in one day really takes it out of you!
The rest of the week was a whirlwind between a fun evening Tuesday with my coworkers at bocce, a ton of work projects, and a really really late night on Wednesday bandwagoning for the Cubs. I think that game may be one of the best in any sport I’ve ever seen! I can only hope at some point in my life Washington has the same level of sports success and fandom. #FlytheW #GoCubsGo
This weekend I am buckling down and working on my Capstone project, but also setting aside some time to shoot some new looks to share with you and hit up Greenhill Winery with some gals from grad school. It should be a fun fall weekend, and my last one at home for a couple of weeks. (Who knew November was so popular for weddings?!) I will also be working on my HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES! Can’t believe it’s already that time of year—kind of, anyway. I want to get them up for you early so you have plenty of time to think about your Black Friday shopping strategy and check your list twice. If there is anything in particular you want to see this holiday season content-wise, don’t hesitate to let me know! Have a great weekend. x
- Prince Albert buys Grace Kelly’s childhood home in Philadelphia.
- How to respond if your dissed in a hacked email.
- Great tips from Julia on how to save more money. I’m taking these to heart!
- Reese Witherspoon’s kids make fun of her Southern accent and sayings.
- How those who remain in Aleppo are surviving.
- Kristin Cavallari on how she is raising her children.
- Great Podcast listen: How to build your own brand with Grace Bonney and Anna Bond.
- The best rendition of Hallelujah EVER!
- If only getting into Harvard was as easy now as it was for JFK.
- Why so many millennials experience imposter syndrome.
- A more accurate world map than the Mercator one you’re used to seeing.
- I loved Chip & Joanna Gaines’ I Am Second video.
- Is anyone else excited about the new Netflix series The Crown.
- Tear jerker alert: emotional grandpa and grandmas when the Cubs won the World Series.
- Prince Harry reportedly courted Meghan Markle via text message.
- My friend Charlotte made the cutest lobster bridesmaid boxes.
- Lauren Conrad shares the inside of her Los Angeles home and it’s pretty much perfect.
- The Queen visited a supermarket and appeared somewhat bewildered.
- Kick Kennedy posts throwback to her namesake, her great-aunt, JFK’s sister.
- The rise of dating app fatigue.
- It’s so dangerous to be a bridesmaid in China some brides are hiring professionals.
- How Michelle Dockery shares how she has adjusted to life after Downtown Abbey.
- An inside look at Target’s holiday strategy this year.
And here’s what’s been going on around TOT lately: