It. Is. Finally. FRIDAY!
How was your week? My week was very busy with work, which on the plus side, meant it definitely flew by. One of my major responsibilities this fall at my day job is managing my company’s MBA + undergrad recruiting efforts, so I took a quick day trip to Boston yesterday and, as a result, had to cram the rest of my work over a four-day period. The trip was very successful, but definitely a whirlwind, and I am excited to s-l-e-e-p this weekend.
Luckily, there will be plenty of time to do just that this weekend, as I kept my schedule relatively light to balance out the hectic workweek. I’ll probably watch this week’s episode of This Is Us for a third time, do my homework, prep my closet for fall, and work on this here blog.
Speaking of the blog, I’ve been working on adding a few new features for y’all and re-organizing my backend categories + tags structure on WordPress so it’s a bit easier for you to find everything here on the front end. You’ll notice you can now shop my Instagrams directly on the lefthand sidebar by clicking on the picture. Then, a window will pop-up in the same tab with product pictures. Simply click on the product picture, and shop ’til you drop. Easy! I also added my Instagram feed to the footer of my blog so it adds some visual interest and is easier to see what I’ve been up to.
Lastly, I restructured my main navigation bar. There are now more categories for you to explore content through under the Lifestyle menu item, and I made a new Washington, DC menu item. There isn’t as much content on the latter, but I’ll definitely work on building out that section for y’all over the next six months so y’all can get to know my city better.
Hope you have a great weekend! x
- Backstreet’s Back ALRIGHT! Get in losers, we’re going to Vegas.
- Floating around my office this week: see what these historic DC sites used to look like.
- Alanis Morisette and James Corden sing an updated Ironic and it’s GOLD.
- I loved seeing my good friend Jenn of Southern Anchors on the Draper James blog this week!
- Seth Cohen and Blair Waldorf make a rare public appearance.
- A bit older, but so good: the final five play hungry hungry humans on the Tonight Show.
- Needed next week: a trip to this new place in downtown DC where you can rent a bed to take a nap. That’s right, you can pay $15 for a 20-minute midday nap. #blessed
- Loved this Domino article where they rid homes of 90s trends in a few quick steps!
- Okay y’all, clearly I have a thing for James Corden this week: Michelle Obama dishes on how she ditched the Secret Service for her carpool karaoke.
- Prince George denying Justin Trudeau a high-five is the cutest thing on the Internet this week.
- A great share from a great friend: 25 famous women on being alone.
- So enjoyed reading Jessica Alba’s piece on her family background and Latina pride.
And this week on TOT, I’ve shared: