Happy Friday and happy Cinco de Mayo weekend! I hope margaritas are on your agenda.
I started my Cinco festivities a bit early because on Wednesday, Kristyn threw a surprise birthday party for her boyfriend at Mission. It was a great night catching up with her, Jenn, and Laura over margaritas, guac, and queso—it was much needed and so good to see a few of my ~internet friends during the middle of the week.
Another highlight of the week for me is this WARM weather we have been having! Even though my allergies are in full swing, being able to sit outside at lunch and take the leisurely stroll home from spin instead of taking the Metro has turned me into a new person. I say this every year, but I don’t think I realize how much the cold weather impacts my mood until spring finally rolls around.
I’m in town this weekend, and am excited to keep things low key. I’ve got to run to the mall to make some returns and exchanges and am grabbing brunch with some of my spin class gals on Tupelo Honey. Should be a good one—I hope you have a fun one lined up! x
PS—the margarita above is one of the best I’ve ever had at Tacolicious in SF!
- Giuliana Rancic on her decision to spend more time with her family.
- MetroCard replacement offers chance to improve New York Subway.
- Obsessed with this glass pineapple table lamp from Target’s Opal House.
- Julia Engel of Gal Meets Glam launches her own fashion line.
- Jenna Bush Hager shares emotional letter to her grandmother Barbara Bush.
- This mom never went to her prom. Her teenage son fixed that.
- Steve Harvey dishes on Kardashian/West Family Feud episode.
- A rosé is the first DC-made wine in decades.
- The CEO of Outdoor Voices is taking on Lululemon and Nike.
- Why Kate Middleton wears Jenny Packham for her royal baby debuts.
- The lowdown on all the new Gmail features.
- The unintended consequences of a too-nice work culture.
- The French President ate tater tots at Tonic in Foggy Bottom.
- I loved Christina Aguilera’s carpool karaoke.
- 17 great reader comments on grief from A Cup of Jo.
- Kim Kardashian plays is Kanye happy or not happy.
- A beautiful tour of Grace’s Brooklyn apartment.
- Empress Themes drops a ton of great blogging knowledge in this post.
- The elderly Chinese are putting themselves up for adoption.
And here’s what has been new on TOT lately: