TGIF! I’m in Chicago for a long weekend with my friend Jackie—we’ve known each other since the first day of ninth grade and became fast friends as we obsessed about grades and AP classes. My flight lands pretty early today, so I have most of the day to explore Chicago while Jackie is still at work. I signed up for a Soul Cycle class because I wanted to see what the vibe was like at Soul Cycle here in Chicago and also get a workout in before a weekend of indulging. It sounds crazy, but I really enjoy that workout so much that it’s something I look forward to after work, on weekends, and on my days off—so I am glad I could make it work on this vacation!
Next week, I’m in NYC for work most of the week, but I am excited because I will be able to squeeze in a nightcap with my friend Emma. She always takes me to the coolest spots in New York City and I so love our catch-up dates. I’ll be returning home ahead of Memorial Day Weekend—which I am kicking off by getting a crown on that tooth I had a root canal on the other week—and excited to take it easy for a few days as we enjoy the unofficial kickoff to summer.
I hope you have the best weekend! x
- Nordstrom’s NYC flagship merges open space with hidden technology.
- Planes, trains, and a bus: The Points Guy analyzes the fastest way from NYC to DC.
- A great piece from a Facebook co-founder on why it’s time to break it up.
- I loved Jen’s piece entitled An Alienation from Cricketsong.
- The clothing rental market’s broadening appeal.
- An interesting look at some of the details around the final season of Friends.
- The complicated history of the royal family’s last name, Mountbatten Windsor.
- I broke breakfast: Americans eat a narrower variety of breakfast foods than anyone else.
- Inside the pampered and personalized world of DC’s VIP diners.
- Maren Morris’ artist spotlight series on YouTube is worth a watch.
And here’s what’s been new lately on A Touch of Teal: