TGIF, friends! I am excited to spring forward this weekend because it means when we leave work, it won’t be dark at night! The weather has such an impact on my mood, and even though we have the same amount of time in a day regardless of the season, I’m always happier when it stays lighter longer. Let’s hope the weather stays warmer longer!
This weekend, my friend Emma is in town visiting me from NYC! Last night, we went to The Red Hen in Bloomingdale here in DC—it’s been on my restaurant list for a while and I was so glad to check it off with a great friend. If you’re looking for an awesome neighborhood Italian place in DC, I can’t recommend it enough. The rest of the weekend, we’ll be just seeing where the wind takes us—but we do have brunch reservations at El Techo for Saturday morning and are seeing Jared Freid’s standup comedy act at the Kennedy Center on Saturday night. It should be a good weekend all around!
I hope you all have a great weekend! x
- An eight year old boy slips out of a ski lift and people rally to save him.
- These code words can keep you safe in Arlington, Virginia bars.
- Joan Juliet Buck’s advice to her 26-year-old self.
- Is this the end of recycling?
- The new American dream home should be a condo.
- How millennials became the burnout generation.
- I am obsessed with this series from The Cut: How I Get It Done.
- Grace shares her best career advice in this post, and it’s so on-point.
- Best news I’ve heard all week: A Baby-Sitters Club reboot is coming to Netflix.
- 30 things Kat has learned at 30.
And, in case you’ve missed it, here is what’s new on A Touch of Teal: