Happy, happy Friday! I am very excited for the weekend to roll around this week as things have been super busy on my end. DC had a wonderful break from the brutal cold this week—it was in the 60s on Tuesday, and I can’t tell you how happy I was to walk out of work and be greeted by daylight and the warmth. I’m also at that time in winter where I am getting pretty tired of all my winter clothes, but don’t really want to buy anything new. I’m not one to wish my life away, but let’s just say, I won’t complain when we flip the calendars to April.
This weekend should be a fun one—tonight I am meeting up with some DC bloggers for a fun dinner at Dyllan’s Raw Bar in Georgetown! I’ve never been before, but I love any excuse to eat scallops, shrimp, mussels, and crab cakes. I’m not a huge oyster fan, but am really trying to develop my palate for them, so I’ll definitely be trying one or two! Then, tomorrow, Jenn and I are meeting up to shoot a few outfits—I’ll definitely snap a few workwear looks since I know those are popular.
A week from today my sister and I head to Austin, Texas for Presidents’ Day weekend! This is my first time having the holiday off from work, so I wanted to take full advantage. We tossed around a few ideas of where we wanted to go, but ultimately settled on Austin since we’ve both been dying to go and it won’t be freezing like the northern half of the country. Several of you reached out to me with awesome ATX recs, so thank you! If you have any thoughts on must sees / eats / dos / drinks in town, don’t hesitate to send them my way!
Have a wonderful weekend whatever you’re up to! x
PS. I REALLY, REALLY HOPE UVA BEATS DUKE TOMORROW! WAHOOWA!
This Week’s Links
- The odd, often unhealthy weight lost schemes of the past.
- Joe Harris: walking down your street and pushing the Nets up in the standings.
- I loved this Bluemercury M-61 Skincare product review post from Jess.
- The master of the Hardy Boys and the invisible authors. (I loved Nancy Drew as a kid!)
- These Romanov family photos having been amazingly colorized.
- I loved Jackie’s post offering advice on the best camera for beginners!
- Jack Rogers, the sandals that Jackie Kennedy made famous, is stepping things up.
- A student wore a makeshift JJ Watt jersey, so the star is sending him a real one.
- An amazing video: Katelyn Ohashi was the best gymnast in the world until she wasn’t.
- How the Apple store lost its ‘wow factor.’