Happy, happy Friday!
This week felt like it went by at lightening speeds—I had the day off work Monday, and then had a two-day on-site meeting at work, so it was a whirlwind. I am very excited for a restorative weekend at home. I am not a huge fan of winter weather, but I do love that it’s kind of hibernation season for everyone so it really forces me to slow down and just enjoy some quality time around the apartment.
The picture above was taken in my neighborhood two weekends ago when DC was hit with nearly 10 inches of snow. What’s even more remarkable than the accumulation—which isn’t the highest we’ve had—was that it snowed for nearly 36 hours. I kept expecting it to stop, but it didn’t! Like cold weather, snow just isn’t my thing generally—but, I do always appreciate the first snowfall of the year, especially when I don’t really have anywhere to be but cuddled up on the couch.
I’m carving out some time to work on the blog this weekend, so I’ll be back here next week with new posts on deck for you all—I hope you have a warm and wonderful weekend! x
This Week’s Links
- Where you should move to make the most money: America’s superstar cities.
- Dressing for deals, Wall Street bankers face fashion pitfalls.
- How divorces work for the super wealthy.
- The world’s most expensive painting sold at auction is missing and no one is panicking.
- Competition has Flywheel and Soul Cycle spiraling into an identity crisis.
- 21 Barbie computer games you totally forgot existed.
- Why the Hamilton premiere in Puerto Rico spurred controversy.
- I loved Grace’s insights on buying your first Chanel bag.
- How do you think about death?
- Best thing I read all week: I’m a little too fat, I’m a little too generous. I think I know why.