Y’all, it’s been a hot minute since a Friday link love—the last one I posted was on November 2! I’ve had a lot going on at my day job, in my personal life, and then of course, the Thanksgiving holiday thrown in there, so I haven’t had as much time as normal to browse the internet to find y’all some good reads. As such, this week’s link round up is lighter than normal, but I promise I’ll be back with more Friday afternoon procrastination reads soon.
This weekend should be a good one—I’m spending it at home and am excited to soak up a little bit of Christmastime in the city. Tonight, I’m grabbing dinner at The Smith with my friend, Julie. It’s been on my DC restaurant bucket list for a while now and I am glad she’s indulging me! Julie and I met back in college when we both were staffers on The Cavalier Daily. We worked there together for about a year and then rolled off to do our separate things in college. About a year and a half ago, we reconnected in an Orangetheory class and it’s been so fun to have a friend like Julie. We go to class together, go to our studio happy hour and parties, randomly run into each other on the street and have long catch-ups, and, now, happy hour together! We have a lot of mutual friends and shared experiences, and it’s so funny how sometimes people from your past lives can reappear in your current life. And then, tomorrow night, we are celebrating my best friend Molly’s birthday!
I plan to spend the rest of my weekend putting together a few more gift guides for you (one for the beauty lover and one on stocking stuffers, but let me know if there are others you want to see!), writing a few holiday-related posts, and doing some Christmas shopping at one of my favorite DC boutiques, Salt & Sundry. I’m sure I’ll also make time for some cheesy Christmas movies on Netflix—let me know if there are any I should check out. You can see all my tried-and-true favorite Christmas movies here and enjoy some of my favorite Christmas music here.
I hope you all have a great weekend! xo
This Week’s Links
- The Brady Bunch cast reunites for the HGTV renovation of their old home.
- Julia’s post has me dying to get back to Kennebunkport and explore more of Maine!
- The Kennedy family used Instagram to get out the vote this election season.
- Prince William wishes Prince Charles could spend more time with the grandkids.
- Check out my friend Sarah’s second home tour on The Everygirl!
- To land a great job, talk about why you love your work.
- The Queen gives the sweetest toast at Prince Charles 70th birthday.
- Sad news: Glamour magazine to cease regular print publication.
- A beautiful piece written by Garance Dore on the next chapter.
- For the Hostess
- For the People Who are Always Down for a Drink
- For the Colorful Home
- The Things I Love for Travel
- My Christmas List