Alright y’all, I’m back with day two in the week long A Touch of Teal 2014 gift guide series! Even though I am doing a lot of online shopping* to prep these guides for you, I want to have it on record, my seven-and-a-half-foot Christmas tree has yet to retrieved from my parents’ basement.
(*It should probably be on record I always do a lot of online shopping.)
But you can bet come Black Friday, that pre-lit beauty will be restored to its rightful place in my teeny-tiny apartment, and subsequently serve as my main source of light throughout the month of December.
You know what else you can bet?
Some of these gifts will be wrapped beautifully underneath my tree waiting for some of the people I love most. I definitely express love through giving—and I can’t wait to share with them (and you!) some of my favorite gifts under $50. Here’s to hoping they aren’t reading today ;]
1. Leather Envelope Clutch ($39)—I’ve had this clutch since January, and it is one of the most versatile bags in my closet. Perfect for a wedding or a brunch out with the girls, it’s large enough to hold all your stuff yet still easy to hold.
2. Leather Patch Sweater ($45)—The polar vortex is coming, guys. What better way to prepare a loved one than with a sweater which promotes form and function.
3. Monogram Cheese Board ($28)—A gift that can be used for years and years to come. Plus, cheese.
4. Tory Burch in Color ($50)—I love coffee table books, and I admire Tory Burch’s entrepreneurial spirit (not to mention the clothes), so this was an obvious pick for me.
5. Kate Spade Bookshelf Pencil Pouch ($30)—I used pencil pouches for everything from actual pencils to storing jewelry on road trips, and I absolutely love the print on this one.
6. Monogrammed Stainless Steel Shaker ($32)—I am of the viewpoint you can never have too many shakers, especially during the holiday season. This one is a nice personalized gesture—gift with some airplane bottles and mixers for instant gratification!
7. Freshwater Pearl Necklace ($50)—I love simply, dainty necklaces (though let’s be real, I love all necklaces), and this one is a classic that compliments any outfit.
8. Manhattan Matches Prints ($50)—When I was younger, my mom used to tell me about the days when everyone smoked and every bar had signature matches. My friend, Emma, recently got me into collecting matches of my own and when you look for them, more places actually have them than you would think. I love this print that displays some of New York’s most prominent institutions—I picked up a pack of Sardi’s matches this summer.
9. Givenchy Thin Pave Bangle ($45)—Bring on the bangles. A girl can never have too much arm candy.
10. Reversible Tote & Wristlet ($48)—Perfect for desk to drinks, and everything in between. Not to mention, there’s a color combo suited for everyone.
11. Benefit Online Only Beauty Score ($36)—I snagged this for myself this summer and have loved sampling Benefit’s most popular products. Think of it like giving a Birchbox, only better.
12. diptyque Winter Candle ($38)—It’s a lot more relaxing to light a candle when it’s someone else’s money burning. And this one smells great.