1. Ever since my friends and I read in a magazine that melons, like cantaloupe and watermelon, are the perfect beach food since they won’t make you bloat and provide hydration, we always stock up when heading tot he beach.
2. Ray Ban Aviators (make sure your sunglasses have UV protection!). ($150)
3. J Crew Factory Chambray Pocket Tunic. (on sale, $30)
4. iPhone Speakers for beach tunes. ($17)
5. A beach read—this weekend I want to read my favorite author Emily Giffin’s new book The One & Only. ($17).
6. Sunscreen—right now I am into Hang Ten’s classic sport spray. ($13)
7. Tervis Tumbler with a lid to keep all my drinks cold and sand-free. ($21)