Ok first things first—who watched the Royal Wedding this weekend?! I got up around 5:30am and went over to Kristyn‘s apartment to watch with some gals, and we had the best time analyzing everything from Meghan’s loose hair wisp to the royal family’s reaction to Reverend Michael Curry’s impassioned sermon. The British really know how to put on a wedding, and even though my commitment to Harry and Meghan’s nuptials really wrecked my sleep schedule for the rest of the weekend, it was worth it.
This week is shaping up to be a really good one because it ends with my Memorial Day Weekend trip to Key West! I’m sneaking out of work early on Friday, so it really feels like a four-day week. It’ll be nice to spend some time in the sun with one of my good friends from college as we explore another new city together. If you have many must sees or eats in Key West, definitely let me know!
To kick off this fun week before the official start of summer, I thought I’d share 10 things you might not know about me. It’s been a while since I’ve done one of these posts, and, selfishly, I love reading these on other blogs—so I thought it would be fun to share another one so you can get to know me a little better.
1. I’d pick warm weather over cold weather any day, and definitely have a new lease on life when spring rolls around every year.
2. I was born in Durham, North Carolina and lived in the Tar Heel state until I was eight, when we moved to Fairfax, Virginia, where my parents still live.
4. I’m not a huge chocolate fan, and will always opt for vanilla when given the option. (If chocolate is the only option, I usually pass!)
5. I have 23 first cousins—my dad is one of seven, and my mom is one of five. I love having a big family, and really value the friendships that I have with my cousins.
6. The Family Stone is my all-time favorite movie, and while I try to limit my watching of it to Christmastime, I definitely cave and watch it a few other times throughout the year.
7. While I didn’t used to be a fan, over the last year or so, I’ve really developed a love for La Croix and my favorite La Croix flavor is passionfruit.
8. TLC is my guilty pleasure television network. I love so many of their shows—Trading Spaces, Nate & Jeremiah by Design, Little People Big World, Counting On, Long Island Medium.
9. My favorite color to wear is black, but my favorite colors for decor are blues and greens.
10. I am a night owl at heart, and would much rather stay up late and sleep in than have to get up early. Luckily for me, I don’t have to be at work until 9:30am on a typical work day!
I’d love to know a little bit about you, too! Share a fun fact with me about yourself in the comments below. x