As I was reading through the comments on my one year anniversary post, I was so overwhelmed by all your kind words—thank you, thank you, thank you!
I also noticed another recurring theme in your comments—there are a lot of new readers around here, so I thought instead of our usual Friday Link Love, I would share 10 facts you might not know about me.
My friend Jenn over at Southern Anchors recently shared 10 facts about her, and I loved reading it, especially since we share the same penchant for Kraft Mac and Cheese. I hope you like getting to know me a little bit better, too, and feel free to share something fun about yourself in the comments below—we’re all friends here!
So without further ado, let’s hop to it, shall we?
1. One thing that’s been on my bucket list since I was probably 13 is to travel to all 50 states by the time I am 50. I’m 24 now and have been to 26 states, so I’m definitely on track!
2. I drink at least 100 ounces of water a day, but if I could, I’d drink Diet Mountain Dew all the time. No seriously, my colleagues at work sometimes refer to me as “the Diet Mountain Dew girl,” and then come begging to me when they need their 3 pm caffeine fix.
3. Reading blogs has long been a pastime of mine, and one of the main sources of inspiration for starting this blog. My daily “must-reads” include: Corals and Cognacs, The Stripe, Sequins and Stripes, Mix and Match Mama (anyone else a sucker for ‘Mommy Blogs’?), A Cup of Jo, Blessed by Brenna, Cupcakes and Cashmere, The College Prepster, and Design Darling.
4. My favorite food is Mexican—just ask my roommate, chips and guacamole come home with me every week from the grocery store and fajitas are a staple on my menu.
5. While we are on the topic of food, one of my biggest budget busters is buying lunch out. Sweet Green is definitely my go-to (besides Chipotle, of course), and because I am such a creature of habit, they know my custom order.
6. I do marketing for a real estate developer as my day job, and I love my coworkers (and our bocce team and our dinner club and our Friday bar cart…you get the point). It is the perfect first job since it combines my love of creative thinking and HGTV.
7. One of the things I am most proud of is when I lived in New York City during the summer of 2012. While I ultimately decided not to stick around full time, I pushed myself far past the limits of my comfort zone and learned that if you set your mind to something, you can do it. Added bonus? Once you know how to navigate New York, any city you visit seems small.
8. My middle name is Teal, hence ‘A Touch of Teal.’ It’s also my grandma’s maiden name.
9. My favorite class in college was taught by my eventual American Studies major advisor and was on Disney. We talked about everything from Walt Disney the man, to the theme parks, to Celebration, Florida. The one thing she wouldn’t let us talk about? The Disney Renaissance, as we were to close to it to academically analyze it.
10. Long before William and Kate hit the scene, royal genealogy was very fascinating to me—probably because of the movie Anastasia. My favorite modern-day royal? Charlotte Casiraghi, granddaughter of Princess Grace.
* SHOP THIS POST *
Dogeared Pearl Necklace
Everly Lace Shirt—similar here
Purple Spaghetti Strap Top—similar here
Marc Jacobs Baker Watch
J Crew Factory Bracelet—similar here
Kate Spade Tote—similar here
J Brand Black Jeans
Sam Edelman Petty Boot