Hi, friends! I am back from a wonderful week in Los Angeles, and I can’t wait to share everything about my trip here on the blog soon. (I saved all my stories as a highlight over on Instagram if you want a teaser of what I did and where I stayed!) I really enjoyed my time in LA, and especially loved the weather—it was super warm, but there was no humidity, so you don’t sweat profusely like you do here in DC. I’m also jealous of how close so many neighborhoods in the city are to the beach! If it wasn’t so car dependent or all the way across the country from everyone I love, I would totally love to live there. I came back Saturday so that I would have a day at home to recover before the work week, and I am so glad I did—it was nice to have a whole day to do laundry, grocery shop, and generally get my life in order.
This summer is flying by, and I think it’s partially because I’ve been traveling so much. Tomorrow, I head to New York for a quick 24-hour trip, and I will likely be back in the Big Apple for work next week, too. After that, I’m hoping work travel slows down a little bit so I can enjoy the dog days of summer at home here in DC! I’m sharing all my upcoming personal travel below, and I’ve got some fun trips coming down the pike. Work travel is just different (as those of you who travel for work know!) because the work doesn’t stop when you’re on the road, and you often have less time and conveniences—like your normal desk setup—to get the job done.
Before I dive in, I wanted to call out that the photo above was taken at Walsh Family Wine—if you’re in the DC area and looking for a new Loudoun County vineyard to add to your list, I can’t recommend Walsh enough. They have great wine, amazing branding, and a cute tasting room and patio space. My best friend Hilary took us there a few weeks ago since she’s a member, and we stayed all afternoon. Definitely one of my favorites now, too!
NORDSTROM SALE /
Unless you’ve been living under a rock, you’ve definitely heard about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale by now! I’ve posted about the sale in years past (here and here), but am not going to do a dedicated post this year. Though I’m a Nordstrom cardholder and can shop the sale now—it opens to the general public this Friday, July 19—I personally am skipping the sale this year. There aren’t any holes in my closet I desperately need to fill, and truthfully, I’m choosing to save up for a few trips during the second half of the year instead of shopping.
That being said, some of my best buys from Nordstrom are on sale now, so I wanted to share a few of those items below in case you are shopping the sale this year. I also want to highlight that part of the reason you hear so much about this sale is because it is one of the highest-grossing times for affiliate-link sales for bloggers. Essentially, if you click on one of my Nordstrom links below and then buy something from the sale, I make a small commission off your purchase. Last year, the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale post I put together was one of the highest-grossing posts I wrote all year, which helps me pay for things like hosting, site security, the domain name, paid plugins to enhance your time on my site, etc. I so appreciate all your support—and trust me when I say though, my day job pays my rent!
- Barefoot Dreams Circle Cardigan [On Sale for $77, Regularly $116]—I’m not even a huge sweater/cardigan person, but this one is amazing. It is so soft, and I keep it at my desk at work for the days when the AC really gets going. I gave one to my sister as a gift for her birthday one year, and she loves it just as much as I do. I ordered a Medium, and the sleeves are a bit long, but overall, it fits great.
- Nordstrom Lingerie Moonlight Short Pajamas [On Sale for $36, Regularly $55]—these are the pajamas I wear to bed every night and I am obsessed with them. They are so soft and also make me feel like I have my life together vs. when I wear a random t-shirt and shorts.
- Natori Rose Dream Underwire Bra [On Sale for $48, Regularly $72]—this is my everyday bra and I probably at least six of them. They hold up in the wash really well and are comfortable.
- Wacoal Convertible Strapless Bra [On Sale for $45, Regularly $68]—hands down, this is the best strapless bra I’ve ever owned. It stays in place, doesn’t create awkward lines that show through your shirt, and is comfortable.
- Zella High Waist Leggings [On Sale for $39, Regularly $59]—I live in these leggings all winter long—I don’t workout in these because I don’t think they work as well as others for that purpose, but you can bet I run pretty much any weekend errand in these.
- Urban Decay All Nighter Set [On Sale for $48, Regularly $94]—I do not travel without packing up All Nighter, and this is an amazing set because you get a full size version and the travel size, plus a sponge. Seriously the best makeup setting spray EVER.
If you have any questions about how affiliate links work or about the items I’ve highlighted above, don’t hesitate to reach out: firstname.lastname@example.org. Read more “Life Lately”